One of the most crucial decisions to make while setting up your website is choosing the web hosting service.
The web hosting provider you choose is responsible for maintaining the uptime of your site, how fast your website loads, and many other crucial factors.
And if you are a blogger, web hosting is sometimes the only investment you make at the beginning of your journey and the performance of your blog depends greatly on your web host. Thus, it’s really important that you decide on your hosting service carefully.
In this guide, we will explore the 10 best web hosting providers.
We will take a detailed look into the plans they offer, their uptime statistics, features, and more!
You can use this guide to decide the hosting provider that’s the right fit for you.
To answer the question “Which is the best web hosting provider out there?”, our recommended service is Bluehost
Recommended Web Hosting Service:
Bluehost is our most recommended web hosting service. Their plans start at an affordable price of $2.75/month. You will also receive a FREE Domain name and SSL certificate when you sign up for Bluehost.
If you are looking for the best web hosting service with a monthly plan, we recommend Hostgator.
Bluehost and Hostgator are two of the best web hosting companies offering shared hosting plans for beginners and new websites. But if you are looking for a managed web hosting provider for your website, we recommend Cloudways.
We will see in detail why they are our recommended hosting providers and why you should choose one of them when starting your website (or blog).
We will also take a look at 7 alternative web hosting services that you can consider. But we highly recommend going with Bluehost if you are just getting started with your digital business.
1. Bluehost (Recommended Web Hosting)
Bluehost is one of the leading web hosting companies helping people harness the power of the web. Founded in 2003, Bluehost powers more than 2 million websites worldwide. For new and mid-level websites and blogs, Bluehost is the most popular and recommended hosting service in our opinion.
With Bluehost, you can get your blog started for as low as $2.95 per month. And the best part is that, they are one among the official recommended web hosting services of WordPress.org.
What features does Bluehost offer?
Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting providers due to the amazing support and features that they offer their customers. Let’s look at a few:
- Bluehost provides a free domain name for 1 year with all their yearly paid plans.
- They also provide free 24×7 lifetime support. Bluehost support is really popular amongst their customers. They also have an expert 1:1 building guidance and a design team that can build your entire website for you.
- They provide peace of mind to their customers through website protection with free SSL, malware detection, and automated security updates.
- Bluehost also provides 50GB SSD storage and free CDN even with their smallest shared hosting plan.
- They also provide a domain manager, resource protection, and other advanced tools to scale your website.
- You will also receive a $100 Google Ads credit when you spend your first $25.
Bluehost is also not limited to just shared hosting plans. They also offer dedicated hosting, VPS hosting and managed WordPress hosting.
So, even if your website outgrows your present hosting plan, you are safe in the hands of Bluehost with their other advanced plans. And they also have a 30-day money-back guarantee for their dedicated and VPS hosting services.
The Bluehost advantages do not end here. Even if you want to add an e-commerce store later, they provide e-commerce hosting as well. You can set your online store up with WooCommerce and Bluehost. They provide professional email service as well.
As a Bluehost customer, you will get access to the Bluehost marketplace which will give you access to hundreds of plugins, free and premium website themes, and complete design freedom. And from your Bluehost dashboard, you can also track your visitor analytics, user comments, and anything else that is happening on your website.
2. HostGator (Best Web Hosting With Monthly Plans)
HostGator is another excellent yet highly affordable hosting service provider. Founded in 2002, they have more than a decade of experience in providing web hosting solutions.
They power more than 2 million websites presently and more than 30% of their customers are web pros. That pretty much tells how the experience with HostGator must be.
Moreover, HostGator’s smallest plan starts at a highly affordable price of $2.75 per month. And HostGator has been in the industry for so long that they pretty much have a hosting plan for nearly all kinds of websites, from beginner blogs to websites that receive millions of visitors.
Apart from shared hosting, they provide WordPress hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, and cloud hosting services as well. They also have a website builder solution for those who prefer website builders over a self-hosted website.
What features does HostGator offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that HostGator offers to its customers:
- HostGator provides a free SSL certificate that provides security to your domains and subdomains.
- With all yearly plans, HostGator customers will receive a free domain name as well.
- They provide a 1-click WordPress install capability to their customers.
- HostGator provides unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage to their customers.
- With their domain registration service, you can register your domain name with HostGator itself.
- They have 24/7/365 support over email, call, and chat for their customers.
- HostGator has a 99% uptime guarantee for all their hosting plans.
- They also have e-commerce tools to help you build an online store if you are planning on starting an e-commerce store as well.
- They also provide free cPanel access, $150 in Google Ads credit, and $100 in Bing Ads credit.
- They have a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- HostGator provides a free WordPress cPanel website transfer service for their customers.
HostGator services don’t end here. Data safety, advanced security, SEO tools, professional email, and automated backups, you name it, they have it!
And above all, HostGator has a monthly hosting plan as well. Most of the hosting companies provide only annual plans. But HostGator has both monthly as well as annual plans.
Please note that you will not receive a free domain name with monthly plans, you will have to opt for a 12 month or higher plan in order to be eligible for the free domain.
3. WP Engine
Next in the list is one of the best premium hosting providers, WP Engine. WP Engine is an advanced hosting solution and provides one of the industry-leading hosting service.
The reason we have added them at 3rd position is due to the relatively high hosting charges. If you are able to afford their service, we absolutely recommend WP Engine for their excellent managed WordPress hosting.
They are an award-winning company hosting over 1.2 million websites in 150+ countries. Their service is known to boost page speed by 40% and their security solutions block 109M+ attacks every day.
Their plans start from $25 per month for their startup plan. They provides a ton of additional features with all their plans. You can click here to see the features they offer in detail.
You will never be limited by the size of your traffic with WP Engine. With their dedicated hosting, they can provide blazing fast hosting solutions to websites with any number of visitors. Apart from annual plans, they provide monthly hosting plans as well.
Whether you run an e-commerce business, small and medium business, agency, or enterprise, they have a dedicated solution to all these customers. They are trusted by highly popular companies as can be seen from their website.
Overall, WP Engine provides one of the best web hosting services and you should try to go with them from the beginning if you can afford their service.
Do not worry if you find their service pricey, they do have a free automated migration service and you can go ahead with a more affordable solution at the beginning and transfer your website to them at a later stage free of cost.
4. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is highly popular for its blazing fast hosting service. With their Turbo servers, you can achieve up to 20x faster page loads for your website.
Faster websites are known to have better SEO rankings in Google, higher conversion rates, and lower visitor bounce rates. And A2 Hosting is your go-to hosting solution if you are looking for a high-performance and fast hosting provider.
Irrespective of whether you have a newly created blog or a website that receives thousands of daily visitors, A2 Hosting has a solution for you. With A2 Hosting, you can start your blog for as low as $2.99 per month with their shared hosting plan.
What features does A2 Hosting offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that A2 Hosting offers to their customers:
- A2 Hosting provides a free SSL certificate and other website security features.
- They have a 24×7 expert email, phone, and live chat support for their customers.
- A2 Hosting has a 99.9% uptime commitment for all their hosting plans.
- They also provide an easy cPanel control and site builder solution.
- They are WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal optimized with auto-setup available.
- They have a 30-day money-back guarantee and also provide a 1-click website staging solution.
- A2 Hosting also provides a free and easy site-migration service for their customers.
A2 Hosting also provides WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, and dedicated hosting apart from the shared hosting plan. With these diverse hosting plans, they can serve both newly created websites and blogs as well as customers with intensive business needs.
Next on our list of web hosts is SiteGround. Founded in 2004 and trusted by owners of more than 2 million domains, SiteGround is a highly reputed hosting provider.
With data centers in 4 continents and their state-of-the-art technology, SiteGround is popular for its excellent hosting service.
Even though they are a bit pricey compared to most of the hosting services we have seen, their service is truly amazing.
The smallest plan starts at $6.99 per month and comes with a whole suite of features. Whether you are just starting up, in the growth phase, or are an established web authority, they have plans for all their customers.
Apart from Web Hosting, SiteGround also offers WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, cloud hosting, and reseller hosting. Thus, whether you need a blog or online store, they have a hosting solution for you through their WordPress and WooCommerce plans.
What features does SiteGround offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that SiteGround offers to their customers:
- SiteGround provides a free Let’s Encrypt Standard and Wildcard SSL certificate that provides security to your domains and subdomains. Also, the standard SSL comes preinstalled on your website.
- You will receive daily backup, and SiteGround will keep 30 copies on your account. This makes sure that you can restore your site fast without missing any major changes.
- They also provide a free CDN and free professional email to their customers.
- The sites that are hosted on SiteGround can take advantage of their unique SuperCacher technology. Moreover, they have also enabled the NGINX-based static and dynamic cache by default.
- They also provide an unlimited database to their customers.
- Managed WordPress service with an easy and fast site-building wizard, auto-updates, expert WordPress support, and more.
- They have a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Round the clock help center that provides 24×7 customer support.
SiteGround has a whole set of other features such as a custom website builder, e-commerce solutions, website transfer, and optimized CMS applications.
They provide superior client interfaces to manage your websites easily. Also, you will get an easy site and domain management experience along with a reliable email service.
Hostinger is the most affordable hosting solution on our list.
Founded in 2004, Hostinger provides a world-class website hosting platform for a whopping 29 million users in 175 countries and generates 15,000 new sign-ups every day on average, according to their official website.
If you are cash-bound and are looking for a highly affordable hosting service, then Hostinger will suit your needs perfectly.
Their lowest plan starts as low as $0.99 per month on their 48-month plan.
That means you can get a shared hosting plan for your website for a period of 4 years for as low as nearly just 48 dollars. Quality hosting cannot get more cheaper than that!
What features does Hostinger offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that Hostinger offers to its customers:
- Hostinger provides a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate worth $11.95 that provides security to your domains and protects sensitive user information on your website.
- They also provide 30 GB in SSD storage and 100GB bandwidth.
- Managed WordPress service with developer-friendly and intuitive WordPress tools, site-building wizard, auto-updates, core software and plugins, friendly support, and more.
- They also provide WordPress acceleration through the LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress to make your websites faster. This all-in-one acceleration plugin comes packed with exclusive server-level cache and a collection of optimization features.
- Free Git access as well as weekly backups.
- Cloudflare protected nameservers to shield your DNS infrastructure from DDoS attacks.
- Hostinger has a 99.9% Uptime guarantee
- They also provide DNS Management and Access Manager solutions.
- They have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Hostinger also provides 24/7/365 customer support.
Apart from the shared web hosting, Hostinger also provides cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, cPanel hosting, eCommerce hosting, and multiple VPS hosting types.
Also, they have a custom website builder as well as a store builder solution. Thus, whether you want to build a blog or an online store, whether you want a custom site builder or a self-hosted blog, Hostinger has an affordable solution for you. They also provide email hosting, domain transfer, and domain registration as well.
They also have an interesting 99 cent domain solution where you can get certain top-level domains for a price of 99 cents.
DreamHost is another leading web hosting provider notable for its fast, secure hosting with high uptime. Since their beginning in 1997, DreamHost hosts over 1.5 million websites.
DreamHost also provides an affordable hosting solution with their shared hosting and WordPress hosting plans starting at only $2.59 per month.
Apart from shared and WordPress hosting, they also provide cloud hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, managed WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, email hosting, and dedicated server hosting for high traffic websites.
Thus, irrespective of the number of visitors your website receives, DreamHost has a hosting plan for you.
What features does DreamHost offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that DreamHost offers to their customers:
- DreamHost provides a free domain name for 1 year with all their yearly plans.
- DreamHost supports unlimited traffic and eliminates your worries of bandwidth and overage fees.
- With DreamHost, WordPress comes pre-installed.
- They also provide free automated WordPress migration to transfer your existing site over to DreamHost.
- Free Access to their WP website builder with an easy site creation wizard, professional website templates, and a drag and drop editor to build and customize your site.
- They also provide a free SSL certificate to ensure website security and to keep user information secure.
- Automated backups and a powerful 1-click installer.
- They have a 97-day money-back guarantee for shared hosting customers and a 30-day money-back guarantee for DreamPress customers.
- 24×7 customer support, including ticket support and live chat support.
- DreamHost also offers free domain privacy as well as a custom-built control panel.
DreamHost features and solutions don’t end here. Apart from their hosting and domain service, DreamHost also provides pro services such as design, marketing, website management, and custom web development services.
DreamHost also has a monthly plan. Thus, for people looking for monthly plans instead of an annual plan, DreamHost is another choice apart from HostGator. You will not receive a free domain name with the monthly plan.
In our opinion, rather than buying a separate domain name and paying monthly charges, it’s more feasible to go with an annual plan as it provides better cash savings for you.
8. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting is the best web hosting service for people looking to secure and premium web hosting. With 15+ years of hosting knowledge and 170k plus thrilled customers, InMotion hosting focuses on providing fast, reliable, and secure web hosting.
From Lite to Pro, InMotion hosting has plans that cater to all customers from beginners to high-traffic websites and e-commerce stores.
The Lite plan, which is the smallest hosting plan by InMotion for online beginners starts as low as $2.49 per month. The Pro plan is powerful enough to support up to 100 websites with unlimited bandwidth support.
What features does InMotion Hosting offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that InMotion Hosting offers to their customers:
- InMotion provides a free domain name for 1 year with their Launch plan ($4.99 per month) and upwards.
- InMotion supports unlimited bandwidth requirements.
- They also provide 10GB SSD storage.
- You will receive a free professional email and 2x performance and speed.
- InMotion also provides a free SSL certificate to ensure website security and to keep user information secure.
- They also provide secure remote access via SSH for efficient site administration, hack & malware protection, and DDoS protection.
- InMotion also provides automatic backups.
- They also provide a free website builder as well as email on any device functionality.
- Free 1-click installs are available to pre-install over 400 critical applications.
- Free SSD drives that offer up to 20x faster speed and improved uptime.
- Free no-downtown website migration, safe application rollback, and an easy control panel.
- InMotion also provides an industry-leading 90-day full money-back guarantee.
- They also have a customer service team of technical experts available for 24/7/365 customer support.
InMotion is also a 14-year CNET-certified company recognized for its outstanding service, secure website transactions, and best business practices. They also received an A+ service rating from Better Business Bureau.
With new UltraStack servers, InMotion has now fine-tuned their servers for a fast hosting experience powered by cPanel. Apart from the shared web hosting, InMotion also provides WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting.
They also provide server solutions, custom-built and dedicated servers, web design services, digital infrastructure services, and private cloud solutions.
GreenGeeks is a leading eco-friendly web hosting provider popular for their fast and secure hosting service. Being in the business for more than a decade, GreenGeeks hosts 600k+ websites and is a leader in green hosting.
With GreenGeeks, your account will have a positive energy footprint on the environment as they replace three times the energy your website use with wind power credits.
Their smallest plan starts at an affordable price of $2.49 per month. And part from web hosting, GreenGeeks also offers WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, WooCommerce hosting, and reseller hosting. Thus, you will find a suitable hosting plan with GreenGeeks irrespective of whether you run a blog, professional website, or an e-commerce store.
What features does GreenGeeks offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that GreenGeeks offers to their customers:
- GreenGeeks provides a free domain name for the first year.
- They also offer 50 GB of web space and promise standard performance.
- GreenGeeks provide unmetered data transfer service and supports 50 e-mail accounts.
- You will receive a free Let’s Encrypt WildCard SSL certificate for web security and to secure user information on your website.
- GreenGeeks also provide free nightly backups and a WordPress installer.
- You will also receive a free CDN service, unlimited MySQL databases, and LSCache comes pre-included with your hosting plan.
- GreenGeeks provides a 300% green energy match with all your web hosting plans.
- They also provide a 30-day no-risk money-back guarantee.
- You will also receive a free drag and drop builder, unlimited sub & parked domains, and free website transfer from your existing host by GreenGeeks site migration specialists.
- They also offer 24×7 technical support via live chat, telephone, and email tickets.
GreenGeeks also offers easy website management through intuitive web tools like Green Geeks dashboard, cPanel, and 1-click installer. Your plans also include power email hosting with spam filtering, secure IMAP/POP3, webmail access, and calendar and contact syncing.
If you run a small business and are looking for a hosting solution, HostPapa is an excellent choice for you. They are an award-winning company with more than a decade of experience helping bloggers, entrepreneurs, and digital enthusiasts make their vision a reality.
Their hosting plans start at $3.95 per month for the starter plan and provides a whole suite of amazing features. And apart from web hosting, they also provide WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting.
HostPapa’s services don’t end here. They also provide a website builder solution, domain registration, business email services, and website security features.
What features does HostPapa offer?
Let’s have a quick look at the features that HostPapa offers to their customers:
- HostPapa provides free domain registration for 1 year with all their yearly plans.
- They also provide a free SSL certificate to ensure website security and to keep user information secure.
- They provide 100GB of SSD web space and support up to 100 email addresses.
- They also offer unmetered bandwidth and do not limit the amount of traffic that you receive.
- Free starter access to their easy-to-use website builder solution.
- HostPapa also offers free domain transfer and website migration, cPanel control panel, WordPress installer/updates, and free 400+ apps installer with all their web hosting plans.
- They provide 24×7 customer support including ticket, telephone, and live chat support.
- They have a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- HostPapa also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
With that, we have come to the end of this post. Depending on your requirements and investment readiness, you can choose one among these hosting providers for a quality service.
Many features overlap amongst the different companies. Even though different people have different requirements, we will quickly see a few of the features that you should look for while choosing your web host:
- Do they provide a free domain name?
- Do they provide web security through free SSL certificates?
- How much bandwidth and SSD storage do they provide?
- Do they have 24×7 customer service?
- Do they provide a no-risk money-back guarantee?
- Do they have a good uptime history?
- Do they have an intuitive user interface and 1-click installers?
- Are they affordable?
- Do they provide scalable service or will I have to migrate once I grow big?
- Do they provide automated backups?
- Do they come with an inbuilt website builder as well?
These are some of the important questions that you must try to think about before deciding on which hosting service to go with.
All the hosting companies we have listed in this post provide high-quality service and you can choose whichever one you believe meets your requirements.